Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

The death of a legend

Friday, July 31, 2009

Today is a sad day in Football as we mourn the death of a true legend, Sir Bobby Robson. Robson has been involved in football his whole life. He started his playing career in the 1950's and 1960's playing for Fulham and West Brom before starting his managerial career at Fulham in 1968, which means Robson was in the trade for 40 years, his last job was assistant to Steve Staunton, former Irish boss.

Robson managed a host of clubs during his career, including Fulham, PSV, Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Barcelona and of course Newcastle. He passed away this morning in his house after battling cancer for 15 years, which just shows his strength of character and love for the game in continuing manager during his fight. Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson payed his respect to Sir Bobby, stating that Robson often helped during him in any problem he had.

"I was never too big or proud to ask him for advice which he gave freely and unconditionally. And I'm sure I am speaking for a lot of people when I say that''.

"In my 23 years working in England there is not a person I would put an inch above Bobby Robson. I mourn the passing of a great friend; a wonderful individual; a tremendous football man and somebody with passion and knowledge of the game that was unsurpassed''.

Its a sad day in football. Sir Bobby Robson R.I.P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment