Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Chamakh gunning for Arsenal move

Monday, August 3, 2009

Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has today signalled his intent to join Arsenal after blasting his club over not accepting Arsenal's bid of £5 million, as Bordeaux want the offer doubled. Chamakh launched a vicious attack on Bordeaux claiming that he will not sign a new contract and if he does not leave this summer he will leave next summer for free.

"One thing is certain, I will not be signing a new contract - if they will not let me go now, I will leave for free''.

Chamakh was also linked to Sunderland but Bordeaux rejected the offer claiming Chamakh was too good for them. This, understandably, left Chamakh fuming as he thought he should be deciding his own future, not the club.

"Already I am told that Sunderland is not the club for me. But since when does a club chose the future of a player?''

Personally, I have not seen enough of Chamakh to see how good he is. But, I've always been a fan of Arsene Wenger and in my opinion if Wenger sees quality in Chamakh then he must be good enough for Arsenal. However, I do not think a striker is what Wenger's top priority should be. Arsenal already have Van Persie, Bendtner and Eduardo, not to mention Vela, Walcott and Arshavin who can all play up front, so in my opinion a defensive midfielder should be Wenger's top priority.

0 comments:

Post a Comment