Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Adebayor really does hate Arsenal

Sunday, September 13, 2009

As I'm sure most of you know, Adebayor and co thumped Arsenal 4-2 at The City of Manchester Stadium yesterday, but it was it was that man again, Adebayor, who made the headlines. After scoring City's third goals, he sprinted the full length of the pitch to do and Henry-Esq knee slide in front of the Arsenal travelling support.

But his antics didn't stop there. After a clumsy challenge from Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie, he seemed to kick him in the face. Van Persie was less than happy with the stamp, which when you watch on video it was clearly intended.

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match''.

The FA are now looking into the matter, and don't be surprised to see an ban imposed over the next few days. To be honest, I would have done the same if I was Adebayor. Running 90 yards to taunt fans who jeered him at his old club, I can't really say I blame him. The stamp however is a different story. It was malicious and certainly intended, and he deserves whatever punishment is dished out. If Eduardo can get banned for diving for two games, anything less than a 3 game ban would be ridiculous if you ask me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment