Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Champions League Preview

Monday, September 28, 2009
The second round of Champions League fixtures is approaching, here is the fixture list and my predictions.

Fixtures and my predictions
Fiorentina v Liverpool - Fiorentina have had a decent start to their campaign in Serie A, currently lying fourth, while Liverpool sit in third in the Premier League. Although Fiorentina are at home, I can't see them beating Liverpool, who just always seem to be magic in the Champions League. My prediction - Liverpool win.

Debreceni v Lyon - Debreceni currently lie sixth in the Hungarian top division, whilst Lyon lie second in Ligue 1 in France. After missing out on the title last season, I expect Lyon to battle hard to make it as far as possible in the Champions League and I would expect them to win. My prediction - Lyon win.

FC Rubin Kazan v Inter Milan - After a 0-0 draw with Barcelona at home, Inter Milan will need to beat the weaker teams in the group to try and get top spot. I also expect them to bounce back from a shock defeat to Sampadoria a few days ago, although Rubin Kazan are not to be under estimated. Russia is never an easy away trip, and they are top of the Russian Premier Division so who knows. My prediction - Inter Milan but not by much.

Barcelona v Dynamo Kyiv - The European champions, arguably the best team in the World and will be keen to retain their title of European Champions. Dynamo Kyiv are top of the Ukraine Premier Division but I strongly believe Barcelona will be too strong for them. My prediction - Barcelona win.

FC Unirea Urziceni v Stuttgart - I would have to call this one a draw. Stuttgart have had a mediocre start to their season, and sit in 11th in the Bundesliga. FC Unirea Urziceni are top of the Romanian Liga 1 but obviously the standard there isn't as high. Judging by how both teams are faring in their respective league. My prediction - Draw.

Rangers v Sevilla - Sevilla have won their last four, whilst Rangers have drawn their last three so Sevilla are obviously the side in form. However, Rangers are usually strong at home but other than that advantage, I would think Sevilla have the strength to win. My prediction - Sevilla win.

Arsenal v Olympiacos - At home, Arsenal are a real force to be reckoned with. Keen to put their semi-final disappointment behind them, I expect them to beat an Olympiacos team who are second in the Greek Super League. My Prediction - Arsenal win.

AZ Alkmaar v Standard de Liege - Alkmaar are struggling after winning the Dutch League last year, and lie in sixth place. Standard nearly beat Arsenal in their last match, and lie third in the Belgium top division. Not sure which way this one will go. My prediction - Draw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment