Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Emmanuel Adebayor - Why I'm a scumbag

Friday, September 18, 2009

Of course Adebayor didn't say that, but he did come out today as to why he acted the way he did against Arsenal last weekend. Manchester City had an excellent 4-2 win against the Gunners but the game was shadowed after Adebayor's crazy celebration and stamp on former teammate Robin Van Persie.

After scoring City's third goal, Adebayor ran the full length of the pitch celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans. As well as this, Adebayor seemed to stamp in Van Persie's face after the Arsenal striker made a hard, but not malicious tackle on the Togo international. Adebayor has today defended his actions, saying that the vile abuse he received Arsenal fans was the reason for his actions.

"I was being abused by people who six months ago were singing my name and the abuse was for no reason.

"I scored and I wanted to show people it is not a good idea to abuse me''.

Adebayor has received a three-game ban for the stamp on Van Persie, but he wasn't very apologetic for what he had done.

"I am sorry Robin got hurt but I can't regret something I did not mean to do.''

Several Arsenal players have slated Adebayor in the last few days, including Van Persie, Eboue, Ales Songand Cesc Fabregas. Fabregas' claims Adebayor tried to injure him and has been left ''scared for life'' by him. The three match ban imposed on Adebayor mean he will miss the Manchester derby, and will be a devastating blow to Mark Hughes and the City squad. If you ask me, the three match ban is fully deserved and that City will be wasting time fighting against it. I don't know about you, but can't wait until Arsenal and City meet again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment