Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Here are Wednesdays Champions League fixtures, and my predictions.

Fixtures and my predictions

Bayern Munich v Juventus - Bayern Munich have had a mediocre start to the Bundesliga and are currently in 7th, while Juventus are 2th in Serie A. Considering Bayern are at home, it should be a very tight match but I can just see Bayern snatching it because of home advantage. My prediction - Bayern Munich win.

Bordeaux v Maccabi Haifa - French Champions Bordeaux did excellent in their first game to manage a draw against Juventus away, and they shouldn't have too much trouble dispatching Maccabi Haifa tonight. They have won 6 out 7 games in the French Ligue 1 this season and are sitting pretty on top of the table. Maccabi Haifa are also top of the Ligat Al in Israel but will struggle tonight in my opinion. My Prediction - Bordeaux win.

CSKA Moscow v Besiktas (6.30) - Both teams lost their opening games of the group stages, so maybe its and early indication of who will be fighting for a Uefa Cup spot, in which case this game will be crucial. Too early to tell probably, but neither team will want to lose. CSKA are in 4th position in the Russian Premier division whilst Besiktas are currently 12th in the Turkey Super Lig. Besiktas have been pour lately, only wining 1 game their last five and considering Russia is always a difficult away trip I can't see past CSKA Moscow. My prediction - CSKA Moscow win.

Manchester United v Wolfsburg - A very intriguing game in my opinion. Both champions of their respective contries, but United lie top of the English Premier League, Wolfsburg are 6th in the Bundesliga. United haven't lost in the Champions League at home in four and a half years, and I don't think their going to stop that record tonight. Wolfsburg might have a few talented players but United will be to strong in my opinion as they have a full squad of talented players. My prediction - Man United Win.

AC Milan v FC Zurich - Milan won their first game away to Marseille and I would expect them to win again tonight. Zurich were crushed 2-5 at the hands of Real Madrid a fortnight ago and an away trip to Milan will not be much easier. Milan might still be feeling the loss of Kaka but will have the quality and experience to beat the Swiss side tonight. My prediction - AC Milan win.

Real Madrid v Marseille - Everybody is keen to find out how Real Madrid will perform this year, and after a thumping win away to Zurich, I can't see them losing at home tonight. Everyone knows of the quality they have, and although Marseille have a decent squad they will be out of their league in my opinion. My prediction - Real Madrid win.

APOEL Nicosia v Chelsea - After midweek defeat to Wigan, Chelsea will be very keen to bounce back from defeat against APOEL Nicosia tonight.Apoel got a hard earned point with a scoreless draw in Madrid against Athletico, but Chelsea will, in my opinion, over-power the Cypriot team. My prediction - Chelsea win.


Porto v Athletico Madrid - Athletico Madrid have had a terrible start to the season and have so far failed to win a game. Porto were a formidable force at home last season, going 22 games unbeaten at home before United won with a Cristiano Ronaldo wonder goal. Considering their start to their season, and the fact Porto are at home I can see a victory for Porto. My prediction - Porto win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment