Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Ryan Babel - A wasted talent?

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ryan Babel arrived at Liverpool in July 2007, with the reputation of one of the worlds most promising youngsters, but there is only one word you can use to sum up his time at Liverpool: Disappointing.

Babel stated today he either needs to get playing time at Liverpool, or he will be wanting a loan move January. Babel has rarely featured for Pool over the last two seasons, and his role on the bench has continued this season. The Dutch midfielder recognises he will need playing time, or his World Cup place in the Holland squad could be in doubt.

"Loaning me out was not an option in the summer. Now we have agreed to review the situation in January."

I have to admit I feel sorry for Babel, when ever I have seen him play he has always impressed me with his ability to run at defenders and beat them. I can see why he has grown frustrated at Liverpool, especially considering he turned down a host of other top clubs to join them. A loan move could prove ideal for for the young Dutchman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment