Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Who I think will face relegation this year

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Six games into the Premier League and I'm starting to get the jist of how teams are going to perform this season. Its obvious who will be fighting it out for the title, but it will be equally as interesting to see which clubs will be making the step down to the Championship come next May.

My first pick to go down this season is Portsmouth. 6 games and 6 loses is the worst possible start they could have hoped for. They also have the worst goal difference in the league (-9) and if you ask me, they have lost too many key players over the summer. The departures of arguably their three best players in Johnson, Crouch, Kranjcar and Distin will, in my opinion, see Portsmouth playing Championship football next season.

My second pick to go down is Hull. Along with Portsmouth, they haven't had a great start to the season by any stretch of the imagination. Even though they have decent attacking options with the additions of Altidore, Ghilas and Vennegoor of Hesselink, I feel that their defence is to weak and they will leak goals this season. They have already conceded 13, which is even more than Portsmouth who have conceded 12.

My third and final pick is Wolves. They have held their own so far this season, and currently lie in twelfth position. However, I don't think they have enough fire power, or defensive stability to stay in that position for long. It was between them an Burnley for the last spot, but Burnley are strong at home and for me it will prove the difference between them staying up and Wolves going down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment