Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Togo pull out of African Cup of Nations

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Can't say I blame them really. Togo's star player Emmanuel Adebayor revealed today that the players of the Togo international squad were heading home after their bus was attacked while in Angola.

So far four people have been reported dead from the attack, in which Emmanuel Adebayor escaped unscathed but was very shook up from the whole ordeal. Now, I can't say I have ever been shot at, and I hope I never will be as it sounds like a frightening experience.

"We had a meeting between players yesterday and we told ourselves we were football players and decided to do something nice for our country by playing to pay tribute to those who died.

"Unfortunately, the head of state and the country's authorities have made a different decision, so we will pack and go home."

It was an tragic event and, in my opinion, it would be very difficult to play a game after being shot at and watch your friends die.

0 comments:

Post a Comment