Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

5 reasons why I think Spain will win the World Cup

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yes I know, its too early to make prediction on the World Cup, but I'm going to do it anyway. Personally, I can't see anyone else winning it other than Spain, and I have 5 reasons why.

Pace
One of the quickest teams you will see. Torres, Villa, Navas, David Silva are all lightening quick. Of course pace isn't everything, but it certainly help when you know your to strikers and wingers will be quick enough to win one on one battle and chase down lost causes.

Passing
Best international midfielders in the world by far. The amount of chances Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso and Fabregas will create is mouth-watering. There is no doubt that they will create chances and they certainly have the strikers to finish them.
A good goalkeeper
A good goalkeeper is essential for success. Iker Casillas is without a doubt the one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Captain for country and club, he will definitely be key in Spain's success.

Defense
Some people are going to disagree with this one, but Spain do actually have a good defense. If you think that Puyol, Pique, Arbeloa and Sergio Ramos all play for the top two teams in Spain the defense must be good. Along with Albiol, Marchena and Capdevilla the Spanish defense doesn't actually look too bad.

Fernando Torres
I'm Irish, so I won't be supporting anyone at the World Cup, especially the French for obvious reason. In saying that, I'm praying that Fernando Torres is fit and in good form for the World Cup. One of the best striker in the world, no doubt. Pace, strength, good shot, good header, he pretty much has it all and is a joy to watch.

Of course, I'm only stating my opinion, I could be completely wrong and obviously, things don't always work out the way we want in football. What if a key player gets injured, what if the team doesn't gel? Both very real possibilities, but aside from them Spain are my pick for the World Cup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment