Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

My England World Cup Squad

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

With Fabio Capello set to announce his preliminary 30 man squad for the World Cup tomorrow (tuesday), i have decided to to give my own version of the team he should bring:

Goalkeepers (3)
I would bring David James as first choice with Joe Hart and Paul Robinson as back-up. Robert Green has been dodgy all season which is why I'm leaving him out.

Defenders (8)
John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson are definites and I would bring Leighton Baines, Matthew Upson, Micah Richards and Michael Dawson. Average cover for the full-backs but after Bridge's stupid decision to quit, there aren't many others, and no way would I bring that Gary Neville wanker.

Midfielders(8)
Obviously Lampard and Gerrard have their seats on the plane but what England don't have is a holding midfielder to sit behind them. Barry is over-rated and has been muck all season but he has to go as there's not much else I would take the risk in putting Hargreaves in with him, a semi-fit Hargreaves is better than Gareth Barry. England have several wide players but the ones I would choose are Milner, Walcott, Lennon and Joe Cole. SWP misses out as I already have two similar players to him in Walcott and Lennon. Walcott could also be used alongside Rooney in attack.

Forwards(4)
Rooney is a certainty and I would bring the Spurs pairing of Defoe and Crouch with him. I also think the 24 league goals scored by Darren Bent earn him a place. As for that donkey Heskey, I don't care what anyone says, never in a million years should he be going!

Thats only my version so lets hear what you think... Either way, they're just going to get knocked out in the quarter finals!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Interesting post. I commented on this on my blog, check it out:
    http://dominicpollard.blogspot.com/

    May 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

  2. adz said...

    This site is so great site. thank you for making me a part of it.
    for letting me to put some comments.

    Football Betting Online is a forum of online game.

    July 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment