Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

The Upcoming Football

Saturday, May 8, 2010
Yes, the 09/10 Premier League season has reached its final weekend, but don't worry, there is still so much to look forward to in the coming weeks. In this, my first post, I will discuss the upcoming finals and give my predictions.
Within two weeks of the season ending there will be three major finals. Firstly Fulham will be hoping their Europa League run will have the fairytale ending when they meet Atletico Madrid in Hamburg. Fulham have done fantastically well to make it this far but I feel the class of Aguero and co. will prove too strong.
The Fa Cup Final between Chelsea and Portsmouth follows on Saturday and although I do feel Chelsea have the quality to see off relegated Portsmouth, I reckon it will be a closer game than people make it out.
The following Saturday is the Champions League Final with José Mourinho's Inter Milan facing Louis Van Gaal's Bayern Munich. These are two teams that may not have been tipped to make it this far at the start of the competition, and I predict a boring, defensive game. The only players that I can see opening the game up are Holland's Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben (if fit). I reckon Mourinhos tactical prowess will prove the difference between the two sides but I wouldn't rule out a penalty shootout.
With everyone focusing on these finals, it's easy to forget about the battle between Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Leicester and Blackpool in joining Newcastle and West Brom in the Premiership next season. I have to admit that I'm no expert on the league but I'd like to see either Blackpool or Cardiff (both have never been in the Premier League) make it.

2 comments:

  1. Ishan .... said...

    Hey may be you should try adding worldcup counter widget to your blog...
    Football worldcup counter
    Widget

    Thanks for sharing such a nice blog...

    May 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

  2. Eimhin Kinsella said...

    ye good idea, cheers

    May 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment