Blogger Templates by Blogcrowds

Redknapp furious over referee decision

Monday, November 1, 2010

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has threatened to never do a post match interview again if he is charged by the FA for his verbal attack on referee Mark Clattenburg. This was of course due to the controversial Nani scored against Tottenham last Sunday.

It was without a doubt the most controversial goal of the season, with Spurs keeper Gomes preparing to take a free and United winger Nani just kicking the ball into the net. Needless to say, Harry Redknapp was furious, and I can't blame him. Redknapp claimed his decision was "scandalous", and you can hardly blame him.

"Don't expect me to come out on the TV anymore - ever - and speak to the press after a game.

"He made a right mess of it all, and that was my answer. And I stand by that 100%."

The referee really never indicated whether it was a free kick or not, and I feel sorry for the Spurs players who in fairness performed admirably. Its things like these that annoy me in football, but unfortunately they will continue to happen and it is a part of the beautiful game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment